Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 3 - Staying at home

I'm thankful for the opportunity to stay at home during the day with my children. I knew this was something I always wanted to do when I became a mom if it was possible. But we ended up getting pregnant earlier than we had planned (surprise). Right around this this time, my mom announced she would be moving to Canada after her wedding. She was worried about leaving her house to renters while she was gone and asked if we were interested in moving in. We found a renter for our town house, and moved into my mom's house where she didn't even charge us rent. Little did I know, that I was about 5 weeks pregnant when I was helping CJ move our bed, dresser, couch, and everything we owned up and down our townhouse steps and into the new place. We found out right after we moved in that I was pregnant. God knew we were going to have a baby earlier than we 'planned'. He also knew He was going to take care of that baby, and us by providing all our needs. It's rare that as married adults you can live rent free for any amount of time. Especially with not having to live WITH your parents:) But the timing of this couldn't have been more perfect. We lived off CJ's income, and used my whole income over those last 9 months, to get ourselves completely out of debt. But most importantly, I was able to stay home with my new baby. I didn't miss a THING. I can always work if I want to. And I probably will again. This is something I take for granted because a lot of days it's hard. It's easy to miss the working life if I'm being completely honest. And probably most moms who work wish they could be with their babies. I need to remember how blessed and thankful I am that I get to see my babies and that I'M their only mother, and I get to spend the most time with them!

1 comment:

  1. Your right Summer you are very lucky that you can stay home with your kids and enjoy every minute of being their ONLY mom. I'm very jealous of that and your right...god was looking out for you even before you knew. Your very blessed with an amazing family! Hope things are going well and I enjoy reading your blogs. Especially the one about your 30th bday because I can so relate to all of it! Miss you and I hope we can see you on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete