Monday, May 6, 2013

Stressed? Anxious? Down?

I came across this in my journal. Journal is a very loose term as I don't keep one. It's really just a book of wise things I write down when I hear them or occasionally think them up. These particular nuggets of truth I don't think were my own words though? I can't be sure, but I think they belong to one of my favorite mentors, Wendy Evans. But I love it and want to be able to reference it and have my children reference it when they are stressed, anxious or down.... Is it circumstancial? If 'X', 'Y' or 'Z' changed my mood be better?? If so, that's a miserable place for me and the people around me to live because circumstances will ALWAYS change beyond our control. Constants are: God's character, God's plan for my life, His love and his purpose for my life, and heaven. Learning to be truly focused on these things can completely remove anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment