Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Heat and hard work

This is a shout out to my husband who works so hard for us! I can write this without making him blush, because I'm not really sure he knows this blog is here?
Yesterday it got to 101 degrees here in Kansas City. CJ was working outside in the sun replacing siding on a house. I prayed for him all day because it makes me nervous. But it also makes me respect him. Most men today sit in a cool office all day and make twice as much money to do it. Maybe they're happy, maybe they're not? CJ truly loves what he does. On days like today, I doubt it's much fun, but he does it because he loves his family. I grew up with a father who also worked outside most of the time. Just because it got to 100 degrees, didn't mean the hay didn't need to be bailed. And just because the windchill was below 0 degrees, didn't mean the cows didn't need to be fed and the chores done outside. There is something about a man who just does it because it needs to be done and doesn't complain about it. And both my father, and my husband didn't complain.
CJ, I love you and am grateful for the hard work you put in for our little family. I'm a lucky gal, and you are more appreciated than you'll ever know.
I guess I should also point out that I'm PREtty sure CJ got heat stroke today...oops! He called first saying that he thought he pulled a rib muscle? Then when he got home, a bad headache started, shortness of breath and some chest pains. Pretty soon, CJ was googling 'getting poisoned' and 'heart attack'...oh boy. Needless to say, he is feeling better. So glad he wasn't 'poisoned'.

No comments:

Post a Comment