Saturday, January 16, 2010

Woops

I haven't posted since I was 34 weeks pregnant. Now I have a 2 month old son...woops! To my defense, I could not log into my account because I don't have a google email address and it wasn't letting me...etc...excuses.
Hayes was born November 17, 2009 at 5:38 am. A mere 58 hours after my first painful real contraction. I may post a birth story later, but it will be a long post, as it was the longest labor ever. Finally, after being stuck at 5 centimeters for hours upon hours, they decided to give me Pitocin to 'speed things up' and it still took TWELVE hours to go from a 5-10.
Hayes is a little miracle as his head came out with the cord so tight around his neck, that they had to quickly clamp and cut it so he wouldn't choke. Then his shoulders got stuck so he was without oxygen. They pushed on my stomach and yanked him out and he wasn't breathing. It was a pretty traumatic delivery and I wasn't able to see or hold him until he got out of the NICU 4 hours later. However, God was so gracious and there he completely recovered!
I have tried to upload a video of him, but for some reason it takes FOREVER and says the file size is too high. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would love to know.
This is all for now, but I PROMISE I will post more now that I can login to my account, and now that I'm a stay at home mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment