Monday, August 8, 2011

Midnight Barfs

Hayes, you aren't the most cuddly boy I've been around. In face, I think I can count on my one hand how many times you've shown me affection. It's sad. Someday though, I think you'll change. I'm DYING to just hold you close without you pushing me away! But I'm also thankful for your independence;)
That being said, your dad and I were super excited when you woke up crying in the middle of the night. We weren't excited because you were crying, but because the only thing we could think to do with you (you didn't want milk, and you weren't having a nightmere) was put you in bed with us. You laid between us in the dark and we were super excited:) You have NEVER wanted to do this. Of course you brought your giant yellow duck which you call 'caw caw'. Which by the way, why is that the stuffed animal that you've become so attached to? You have about 15 regular sized animals on your bed, but you chose to carry around this giant duck that looks like you won it at the fair.
Anyways, as we are laying in bed with you, about to fall back asleep at about 1:30 am, you were still kind of whining. Then it happened. Sounded like a burp then a cough then I just felt warmth. And I smelled barf. Then you did it again...a few more times. This time all over dad and the bed. The moments that followed I wish had been on tape. Just your dad and I scrambling in the dark, trying to take cover from your spilling mouth, but nowhere to go. It was starting to scare you so I had to bring you in for the most uncomfortable cuddle of my life. Just holding you, smashing the vomit in between our bodies. It was a barf hug, I guess. Then we turned the lights on. and we all looked terrible. I put you in the bath, stripped the sheets and changed clothes.
Notice I said that I changed clothes...still not sure if your dad has and that was a few nights ago. Anyways, you still wouldn't go back to sleep, poor little guy. You were still whining and miserable. We took you to the basement and I just wanted to comfort you in front of a good Wiggles dvd. But you didn't want me of course. Just 'dada'. Part of me was just aching to hold you and rock you. And the other part was a little relieved that CJ had to stay up and cater to your every whine:) I'm sure my time will come, maybe when you're older, where I will have more than just one puke hug before you ask for dad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment